#18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 15:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/185/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
Is it possible that this plan is making me bigger? Never mind the scale, but it's been about three days and my pants are awfully tight. I have decided I may need to measure the cream in my shakes carefully but I have not cheated on my meals/shake regimen.
The book is very good, though.

I know this is an older post, but I just finished 5 weeks on the 6-week cure. During the first 2 shake weeks I lost 9 pounds, and then I lost 4 pounds during the next 2 meat weeks. This past week (rotated in another shake week) I lost 2 more pounds, so 15 pounds total so far.

I do not use cream for my shakes, I used coconut milk instead (which is also suggested in the book). Cream has a tendency to bloat or stall me.

I have 50 pounds to lose to get back to 185 (I can't bear to change my profile stats from the 185 I left off at), so I intend to switch weeks back and forth for the next 20-30 pounds or so and then probably go back to Atkins. Truthfully, the meat weeks are very like Atkins induction anyway.

I'm not looking for a magic bullet to take the weight I gained back in the 2 years since my dad died, but I did want a jump start and this gave it to me. And the 185 is my current goal, and then I'll continue on to the 150 my 2 years of ice cream, M&Ms, and other high carb eating derailed.