Old Sun, Jan-03-21, 15:53
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Best of luck to rebooters. I'm fortunate that my family, friends, coworkers and I all made it through 2020 relatively unscathed. Food/lifestyle-wise, things didn't change much for me because I work a seasonal job and I'm used to being laid off... just not for quite that long.

A lot of people poo-poo the idea of New Years resolutions, and I can see why - too much hype, too many people thinking they're going to flip a switch and change overnight. They think they're going to suddenly have the discipline to go to the gym and starve themselves after trying that and it didn't work the other zillion times they've done it. But I still think there's spiritual value in looking at the end of the holidays and the start of a "quiet" period as a good time to reflect on the previous year, what did or didn't work for you, fix poor habits, and set some realistic goals.

My own reboot is putting a focus on protein prioritization and strength training after dipping my toe in the water last year. I had great results. I'll put those in a separate post... something I meant to do last spring but never did. But I'll be celebrating my 19th anniversary as a LCer (and member of this forum) soon and if I learned anything, it's that life is always throwing things at you and you'd best keep learning and adapting as needed. One of my mantras: "what you're doing only works until it doesn't work anymore." Be prepared to reboot regularly.

Wishing everyone a successful 2021.
Wisdom. Congratulations on your LC anniversary.