Thread: Coconut Diet
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-19-09, 07:50

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 220/179.6/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 58%

I followed this diet for about a month and as mentioned above I did lose some pounds and inches. Along with the 1 tbsp. coconut oil at each meal they prescribe, I ate what the book advised such as the skin of chicken, bacon, cream cheese, etc. It was delicious but then I had my cholesterol tested and it was up 20 pts. from two years ago. I'm not sure if I can attribute this to just one month on this diet. It may be heretitary or just the fact that I am getting older but I am now back to my low fat/low carb eating. However, I wanted to continue the coconut oil because it gave me so much energy but I didn't want to ingest it although I still use a little for cooking. I read about oil pulling on the net and decided to try it. I did it for about two weeks and had great results. My gums got healthier and teeth whiter every day, my sinuses drained and the mild pain that I've had for years in my right ear causing dizziness cleared up. I have stopped the last three days to give my body a break from the detoxing but I plan to start again after awhile.

Now I am trying 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper with warm water in the morning. It is supposed to clean the blood and lower bad cholesterol. I also add 1/4 tsp. apple cider vinegar to my daily three 32-oz. water to help with digestion.

Obviously, I am experimenting to see what works for me. I like the idea of homeopathic medicine and eating right for health.

Anyone tried any of these? I'd love to hear your feedback. I will post my progress for anyone interested.

Abby