View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 12:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/185/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 74%

I don't agree willpower is a must. Carla, do yourself a huge favor and pick up Allen Carr's "Easy Way To Stop Smoking".

You can read reviews of it online at Barnes and Noble or Amazon. I wouldn't have been able to stop smoking if I hadn't read it, and I sure the heck wouldn't have had as easy a time quitting as I did if I hadn't. I smoked a pack to a pack and a half a day for 22 years.

I've been smoke-free a little over 4 months now. Not smoking isn't an issue at all. I spent a weekend at a convention recently, surrounded by smokers and sitting right next to them and it wasn't until we were headed home I realized smoking hadn't even crossed my mind! That's the gift the book gives I think.

I've had some problems, but that's more related to thyroid and my own impatience and self pity in stalled weight loss. Of course the best thing for a pity party is to eat a pound of chocolate daily for a couple weeks (NOT!!). The book does talk about willpower (it's not a willpower issue at all), withdrawals and using no substitutes such as food. Look up reviews on it, you'd be surprised.