View Single Post
  #76   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-08, 13:56

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 276/269/125 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Gidget,

I'd be very careful with this - when I went to order a gyro salad, I asked them to make sure no wheat got in it because I was allergic. (Actually, I have a gluten problem, but saying "no wheat" is easier.) The guy behind the counter said not to have it, then, because it has several fillers in it, including wheat! I asked him if that was true everywhere and he said no, but he'd ask because it is true for a lot of places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidget1007
I actually ordered it. Everyone else was having pizza at work meetings, which, I obviously didn't want, so I ordered the salad.

Here's what was in it though:

gyro meat (which is lamb), lettuce, tomatoes (I limited my intake for this though), feta cheese and the cucumber sauce (basically cucumbers in sour cream), which I also limited. I do that "dip your fork in it, then pickup food" so as not to have much.

I've also seen it made with onions and various peppers (green and hot) as well as black olives, but I really hate all of that.

I'm going to see if I can find some lamb meat at the grocery store so I can make this myself, but haven't checked yet.
Sponsored Links