View Single Post
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-06, 12:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/138/120 Female 5'-2"
BF:
Progress: 25%

G'morning Ladies

I have finally recieved the SBD book. Hopefully will manage to find time to go through it.Hubby aint losing any weight and is getting restless.Well, neither am i - but i know i hav'nt been very good lately.Too much of allowed food can be bad too.That's what i'm doing or rather overdoing.

Hey, i tried making seekh kebabs, well- not exactly looks wise- these were without the skewers, like round shammi kebabs.MMM mmm MmMm...i'll make a big batch today and freeze them for emergencies.For those who want to know the recipe, here it is:

Ground turkey/ chicken/mutton (i used trukey as its easily available)
Chopped leeks/green onions
green chillies
ginger-chopped
garlic-chopped
Coriander or parsley
roated ground cumin
red chilli powder
roasted ground coriander
2 eggs to bind the dough
olive oil-abotu 2 tbsp
salt

If you make indian food often, you'll have most of the spices at home, you know what i'm talking about, but-If you cant find the spices mentioned above just use all in one-Seekh kebab masala found in any Indian grocery store.or spice it up with your own spices, maybe even some tandoori masala if you dont have anything else!

make into small round balls and gently flatten it.
Pre-heat oven on 375D, and throw these in & bake for about 15-18 mins till cooked. broil for 5 more mins.Have with coriander chutney or hot salsa
Enjoy ! This dish is absolutely lo-carb and very yummy....you can even add some grilled veggies on the side.

Bye for now- Keep lo-carbing