View Single Post
  #366   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 07:58

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%
Lightbulb

Well Carol, that would make it difficult for me too. Adding a big dinner would be hard to manage. YEARS ago, when hubby and I were dating, we usually went out for dinner and it was late, sometimes 8 or 9:00. I will tell you that it was then that I really started packing on the pounds. I was eating more than I ever did. He liked to eat out, he ate a lot, he added drinks, and it just added a big meal to my life that had not been there before. In fact, I allowed myself to eat the way he did and it got me fat. Boy do I regret that now, as I had many fat years, but I enjoyed it at the time

I did not know enough to shift my eating window by skipping breakfast and eating a lunch and dinner only, so I really gained the weight. I imagine it would be harder to lose with a late dinner even if you skipped breakfast.

Fortunately, now that we are retired (and much older) the main meal has shifted to lunch, but our retired lifestyle allows for that.

I hope you can work it out. If nothing else, cook him the big dinner but just eat a very small plate yourself. I have become adept at eating small amounts, even when we eat out. I usually eat about 1/3 or 1/2 of what I order and take the rest home.

Most people who do IF skip breakfast. I don't because I just like to eat breakfast in the morning.

This dieting is not easy. My husband keeps a log now of what he eats to monitor its effect on his diabetes, and it is interesting to see what sends his blood sugar up. Often it is something that surprises him - hidden sugars/carbs in foods when we eat out. His diabetes doctor is making him do this
He gained a bunch of weight when the doctors changed the medicine he took for his diabetes, and is now trying to get that weight off. Even though he has seen me lose 90 pounds on low carb, he thinks he can't eat that way, which is ridiculous since he is diabetic.....its exactly how he should eat. However, all I can do is be a good example and hope he makes his own mind up to eat my way.

He is starting to do it anyway as he sees how carbs affect his blood sugar, but I don't mention it because he doesn't want to be pushed. Everyone had to come to this on their own volition or it won't work

Anyway, I've blabbered enough. See you guys later