#365   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-19, 05:26

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbangle
I am semi-low carb now. I have kind of moved up the Atkins ladder to maintenance level or more, but it is still working. I am losing more slowly, but still losing. My eating habits changed in 2017 when I retired. My hubby eats on a totally different schedule that I did when working. I was always eating breakfast at 6:00, lunch at 12 and dinner at 6 or 7. Hubby worked out of the house and never ate breakfast, and ate lunch around 2-4, then did not want supper. When I retired I started eating on his schedule so we could eat together, and after a late lunch I did not want any dinner. Well, I lost weight eating that way regardless of my carb count. I recently discovered that I was practicing a form of intermittent fasting without knowing it. I now eat breakfast and a late lunch and that's about it. If I get hungry at night I snack on a little cheese or meat. I lost 40 pounds this year.....with semi low carb and a little IF.

This is how I lived for years before I met DH. I lived alone, so it was just easier for me to eat breakfast and lunch, but I wasn't going to bother cooking dinner for just myself. So my dinner was actually at lunch time at work.

When I met DH, dinner is the main event for him. I struggled with that and eventually gained 80 lbs over it!! I am now trying to get back to IF and am losing slowly. It's still very hard for him to accept when I don't eat dinner with him.