View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-18, 12:06

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Well I'm not single (live with husband) and I'm 67. My husband does not eat low carb, even though he should, but it does not hinder me. He is actually very proud of the weight I have lost. We eat out almost every day for a late lunch/early dinner. I no longer do much cooking and we eat out a lot. I have learned that almost everywhere has a good salad and usually it is available with grilled chicken. He has even begun to order the cobb salad that I prefer at one of our favorite restaurants that is packed with chicken, avocado, bacon, cheese and egg. I have learned to ignore the sweets and breads. I have had no trouble finding items on the menu that I can eat. A fantastic burger at a good restaurant is wonderful....I just don't eat the bun.

It all depends on the restaurant, and it is harder to eat at a fast food place than a good restaurant.

I am now retired, but when I worked I usually had to eat my lunch alone because of the set up of our office. I found a couple of restaurants that were good for my low carb choices and would take a book and read and eat for an hour of peace.

So, you can date and go to a nice restaurant and find plenty of great low carb choices (unless you go to a pizza joint).

Don't limit yourself to dating people who are also on a low carb diet......you may miss someone wonderful!