#8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-23, 16:23

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
In an interview dr Ken Berry said Weight Watchers bought a company that will prescribe Ozempic. He points out WW is a money making company. Period

I want good health. Not drugs.

I hope what they're actually prescribing is Wegovy. It's the same thing as Ozempic, just a lower dosage prescribed for weight loss, so if the company that WW has prescribing Ozempic are not prescribing it for full blown diabetics, insurance will very likely not authorize it. (I know of someone that happened to - insurance rejected Ozempic, suggested Trulicity instead. Meanwhile, that person's spouse started on Wegovy last week... and after throwing up frequently the first night, has felt nauseous the rest of week.)

Wegovy has the same side effects as Ozempic (diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, nausea...), and based on how sick a friend was after the first dose of Wegovy, I can't imagine how bad diabetics must feel on the higher dosage Ozempic.

Honestly, from everything I've heard about the side effects, it sounds like the semaglutide drugs act like they're just a very expensive aversion therapy - you throw up/feel so nauseous that you can't eat much of anything without throwing up. Your stomach empties so slowly that you're not hungry anyway. According to the friend, some things don't even taste as good since starting the Wegovy.

Not that the friend can eat much, just starchy carbs and some fruit. Nutritionally speaking, just horrible.