View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-18, 22:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Thank you both for your honesty and willingness to speak to not being cheerful, ra-ra, go-go life changers. Sometimes it’s like that. Sometimes it’s not. There’s space for all here.

My story might be relevant. I spent at least a month reading the boards... that was my only change. But slowly the idea of getting in the game seemed ... possible. “Someday.” But not an ounce of faith it would “work.” I did think, though, that I would read the book. If I might try it, I would do it right, not based on what I remembered from previous “diets”.

My partner got sick, bed-ridden in early January 2016 and it occurred to me I could eat what I wanted with no discussion, at least while she was in bed. I started an Atkins two week strict induction with stubborn anger and lack of faith. I set out to prove that by doing it exactly as outlined in DANDR (Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution, 2002) I would prove it wouldn’t work, and I could give up, give in to my “fate” as permanently emotionally exhausted, gaining 10 pounds a year, full of brain fog, irritability, no “spark” to motivate me to do anything other than the daily grind. What a relief to give in, having proven there was no point.

And in those two weeks I lost a bit (can’t remember, under 10 pounds, possibly 5) and started to feel a small amount of energy. Which meant there could be change. Which meant I had a choice.

Like for everyone, it’s been a journey that has been at least as much psychological as physical.

We’re here, you’re here.
Welcome.