View Single Post
  #2256   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-19, 08:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, all!

Lori- I am loving how much you are enjoying Green Chef. You are almost convincing me to try it! Maybe I'll look over the website again. If not this year then maybe once DS17 has left. My interest in cooking has been taking a serious nosedive lately!

What a shame that you will now be forced to have facials and things in addition to your massage. The things we must do for proper healing!

Blue, oh dear, I am sorry you are so sick. I feel for you! Rest up as much as you need to!

OTOH, it sounds like you were very busy right before you went down hard. New possibilities in the air for you, you creative thing!

Jaz, your new bedding set sounds lovely and very calming in color. You will have to share a pic of your bed once you get it all set up! And get that TV set up too!

I completely agree with the you setting some parameters for how long you will work. I mean, it is one thing if you are having to chart for an hour or something, sort of like a teacher might need to do some grading or lesson planning or whatever, but they also finish their day by like 3 PM! You are working crazy long hours. I'm sorry the interview didn't go as you had hoped. There is still a possible job in the pipes from that person that you like though, right?

We saw Rocket Man. We liked it! It will definitely make you want to spin some Elton John for a while. My boys liked the soundtrack as much as the original Elton music.

Trig, Well aren't you the lucky one?! You get to go shopping again, your very favorite thing of all, and over a holiday weekend too! I know you are just overjoyed!!

The trip to Toronto and Niagara Falls sounds absolutely amazing. I haven't been to either place. NF would be a stop for me of about a day- BIL and SIL just were there a couple of weeks ago and said it was super touristy and that once you've seen it, you've seen it. I would be all over Toronto for sure!

You are so blessed that your Mom at 91 is in such good health and is still able to be so independent. Way to go, TrigMom!

Thanks for letting us know how DD's first week of HS is going. Sounds like she is rocking it for sure!

••••

I have definitely developed some later sleep habits this summer. Not unusual for me to sleep until 8 AM which used to be unheard of. Or wake up and then read in bed for a while. DS and I will BOTH be in shock with the alarm going off at 6:30 AM soon! Still, could be worse. I know Trig's kid is up earlier than that!

Wrenched my back out yesterday. It was so stupid too, no idea how it happened. I was happily vacuuming the family room carpet from something the dogs brought it and I just felt this pop/twang in my lower back. The back spasm was instantaneous.

I had to go in to work 1-4 yesterday so I used a cold pack from the therapy room for a while. Overall it was okay, I do fine in a supportive chair- it is standing and walking that really hurts. I do have a funny story to share though. So if you can picture it, leaving one of the dining areas (which is an open space) there is a short hallway that then goes and connects to the next open space (a pub etc.) It is not a long hallway nor is it overly narrow but it is more narrow than an open space. Anyway.. I got caught up in a herd of oldies - one man using a walker and a woman walking with him in front of me, and two people using walkers behind me. They are all shuffling along. Now picture me in the middle, sort of hunched over, also shuffling along! I fit right in to the herd! It was hysterical in my mind. I loved it!

Then last night DH and I met for dinner and a movie. I had bought the tickets already the night before. Dinner was good, I was famished and ate too much too fast though. The movie "The Farewell" was just all right. I gave it a 4/10. Thought provoking culturally etc but slow moving.

I'm supposed to do a CASA visit but will either do it tomorrow or over the weekend. I'm working 4-8 today and want to just chill and not go to a daycare!

Not too much else going on. I need to drop some weight. I am snoring a bit at night if I lay on my back and I can feel it- I feel more tired. I don't want to go back to using a cpap- it was great to give that sucker up! I know I don't feel as good as I want to and need to. Time to suck it up!