View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 08:49

Plan: Atkins-vegetarian version
Stats: 136/133/126 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default I'm some type of vegetarian living in Costa Rica new to Atkins

I am on the 13th day of Atkins Induction, I am a veg. for years who eats dairy and fish (fish only within the last 5 years though), M&M's, Chips Ahoy Cookies, Bagels hehehehe.. Does that type of vegetarian have a name?

I had a carb addiction since I was handed candy as a toddler way back in the '50's, not to mention loads of dental work! Not only that, REALLY LOVE alcohol, father was an alcoholic, and I have taken antidepressants and antianxiety meds. for a LONG time, most recent drug was Prozac.

So I am kicking it ALL and have found that after 3-4 days into induction I lost those cravings. I'm praying this works for my depression, anxiety and alcohol addiction.

I do live in Costa Rica and have mangos, avocados, bananas, pineapple and papaya dropping from the trees in my yard. We grow coffee too! I figure when I've gotten to my weight goal I will eat small-1/4-1/2 C. portions of fruit and hopefully this won't bother my weight loss or re-activate my carb cravings. Oh, also the mainstay in my diet has been tons of beans and rice and corn tortillas, it's the culture in Costa Rica. I will try to find some black soy beans as a substitute and forget about the rice, maybe find some quinoa, or steel cut oats or something else to eat in small portions. Bye bye to the tortillas I suppose. So if anyone has suggestions for doing low carbs in a latin, tropical country where the frozen food aisles in a grocery store do not carry the Boca, Morningstar or any variety of meatless foods, thanks for your suggestions. I have found TVP though. Has anyone had experience with depression cessation and low carbing? I don't want to go back on meds. Grateful for the support here.