View Single Post
  #651   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-13, 22:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

from my blog...

Sitting here reviewing the absolute failure of this years cycling log has me thinking. First off, my back (still messed up BTW) is not the reason for lower miles though I did lose some miles when I did not know what was wrong and was starting to care for it. The late snow and cruddy spring also took some miles and was an issue but still not why I call my log a representation of failure.
I call fail because I did not ride my bike to work when I could have. I let a lot of little things stop me that could have been better planned. I also did not ride as often as I should due to just not going or not having anyone to ride with. The latter being an excuse. And I managed to not ride any century ride this year.
There were some pluses though. My first mountain Bike Race. I rode my Mountain Bike a whole lot more too.
So what to do for next year? I have to seize any opportunity to ride, plan to ride more and not let excuses take me out of a ride. It can be done. A person can find and make the time to ride and not compromise the rest of their life.
Sooo, any miles the rest of the year will be gravy and next year the ticker starts again.