Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 14:46
Registered Member

Plan: vegan lowcarb (self-made)
Stats: 178/172/160 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
LC Vegan, that Pea Protein Powder looks great!

I like it a lot. I get the free vanilla flavoring with stevia sweetener (also free). 24.6 g protein for just 1.2 g carbs! And with the stevia (which does not affect insulin according everything I've ever read), it's actually pretty sweet-tasting.

Quote:
I have had years and years of problems with constipation, even when veggie, but then we relied heavily on cheeses and wheat.

Have you considered adding flax to your diet? 27 grams of fiber for just 2 carbs! It's also a great source of minerals, which is the main reason I make it such an integral part of my diet.

Quote:
I kinda don't know which way to turn now. I'm afraid a veggie diet will result in weight gain, not loss.

Well, like I said above, only you know what you can handle in terms of carb load, but beans are another great source of fiber, and a lot of people really do remain more regular when they incorporate fiber in their diet. Fiber is often very lacking in low-carb diets because 9as I pointed out above), most low-carbers (99% of whom eat meat) so no reason to "risk" the carbs found in beans. I think this is flawed thinking for vegetarian and vegan low-carbers, but everyone has a different carb threshold.

Good luck in figuring things out.