#2   ^
Old Mon, May-18-20, 10:37

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi Tree
I wanted to vent/ask for input from anyone that has an opinion.

I'm on my 3rd day of Atkins induction (yay me! )

I went on a 30 minute walk outside today and I was fine at first, but maybe 10 minutes after I started, I became completely and utterly exhausted. Like bone tired. I can normally walk for closer to 45 minutes before feeling that level of exhaustion.

I purchased some keto strips, and they are turning a light purple colour. I'm drinking lots of water, and taking all my vitamins.

I've been reading this afternoon about "keto flu", and I'm wondering if it could be that?

Is there some generic thing I need to be doing to increase my energy levels, or should I just sit back and wait/hope for my energy to return to normal in time?

Any help is really appreciated

It is absolutely keto flu, which is nothing more or less than electrolyte imbalance. Those in ketosis shed extra sodium, which once depleted will start leaching your potassium and magnesium. So you need to take in 3,000 to 5,000 mg daily of sodium to top your levels back off. Once sodium is topped off, your body will keep potassium and mag in check as well. So drink salty broth twice daily or drink what I call ketoaid (8-12oz water, water flavoring (like Mio or Crystal Light), 1/4 tsp salt, several shakes of a potassium salt like NoSalt or NuSalt). This will help. It will feel like someone has just turned the lights on in a room you didn't realize has poor lighting.