View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-23, 05:31

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

I noticed the rise in carnivore, too. Like dr Berry. ( His wife and child are not carnivore but keto).

There is lots to like about carnivore. Fixes obesity fast. Eliminates foods that a body reacts to.

As a high risk colon cancer is in my genetic cards, vegetables are a key fighter. A researcher has researched the benefits of specific vegetables to lower cancer risk.

Imho carnivore knocks out pesticides significantly. Our vegetables are tested and a recent reporting showed 70% of tested veg/ fruit test for one pesticide. Of course many have two or more

As for meats, corn and soybeans are generally regarded as GMO. Which is used in the feedlots. Grassfed avoids this.

Im left with the question: is it the veg, or the pesticides?

Otherwise only a few cultures historically are meat only, like peoples of the far north. Otherwise, hunter gatherers gather some fruit, leaves and roots to supplement hunting.

As for a self sustainable angle, feeding livestock is a loosing battle. The cost of hay has sky rocketed ( winter feed here in New England) and grain !!!!! Wow that is UP, again. We are cutting flocks down.

Im not against carnivore , just not for me on many levels.