View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-06, 12:13
Organic Lifestyle

Plan: SBP (Organic & Balanced)
Stats: 165/135/130 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 86%

I make all my meals and eat 4X a day, trying to get 30 grams of carbs and 15 grams of protein, I'm not as good about tracking my fat amount, but I try to through in healthy fats in at least a few of the meals. Here are some ideas for people...

Breakfast: 2 eggs, english muffin with butter, carrot sticks or cucumber slices

Lunchs: usually come from dinner left overs, but some other ideass...
Any of the snacks below
1 cup of mixed greens, goat cheese, 1/2 pear, macadami nuts, balsamic vinegar.
1 slice whole grain bread, 2-3 oz roast beef, mustard, veggies.

Snacks:
1/2 cup whole milk cottage cheese, 1/2 cup unsweeten apple sauce and veggies.
1/2 apple, 2-3 oz cheese and veggies
1/2 whole milk yogurt, cheese stick, veggies
Most of my snacks consist of milk products for protein and fruit for carbs and veggies.

As far as veggies go, I had the same problem fitting them in, so I buy celery, carrots, califlower, brocolli and any other veggie that I will eat raw, then I cut some up every morning and divide them into 2-3 bags and eat them with each of my meals. Sometimes I will add 1 tbs of peanut butter to celery sticks for the little extra protien and good fats.

Dinners
I get my dinner from a lot of low carb books because they have good recipes for the protein. I focus on finding a good meat or fish recipe and then I will add carbs, like cous cous, brown rice or artichokies and veggies, like asparagus, green beans, peapods. I keep my dinners simple, so that it is easy for me to see each group, instead of making things that mix a lot of ingredients together. I tend to get my fats from the olive oil I cook in or sauces that I make. I make cream sauces all the time.
Seared Scallops with Lemon Cream Sauce, Cous Cous, Asaparagus.
Cheeseburger on a whole wheat bun, brocolli
Marinated Grilled Tuna, Brown Rice, Green beans.

I steam all my veggies.

One other things I try to do is have fruit as my carbs at two meals and whole grains as my carbs at two meals. I also had a lot of success doing 15 grams of a fruit and 15 grams of a grain for a while. Eating the fruits helped my tide over my refined sugar cravings, so don't forget about fruit.