Thread: Bowl Muffins
View Single Post
  #72   ^
Old Tue, May-10-05, 09:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

I finally succumed to all the hype and joined the cult of the bowl muffin. Wow- I had to keep going back and reading the carb count on the ingredients because I couldn't believe something so full of tasty bready goodness could be legal! I made superaunt's pancake version, and I finally used my Atkins bake mix that I've had laying around forever. I think I'll decrease the cream next time. I liked it, but I used 1/4 cup of cream and the other 1/2 cup liquid was water and the other syrups. Since I gobbled it up by myself, I'm thinking I should probably go easier next time on all the calories from the cream.

So, I have a question. Has anyone tried baking this in an actual oven, rather than the microwave? I know that starts to become a whole lot more like cooking, and less like microwave magic, but I'm curious. Also, I've never used flax meal before- this was my first time. It seems like a too-good-to-be-true ingredient. All it's carbs come from fiber- so it's like, free? Can you eat too much of this stuff? Will it make you get tummy upset or some other bad thing? If it's a free carb, why aren't we putting it in everything?!!