Thread: "Fear of Fat"
View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 09:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/124/100 Female 4 feet 11 inches
BF:38%/25%/20%
Progress: 52%

No, this makes a lot of sense to me. I am 15 lbs from goal, and rethinking what foods I want to be my staple. I still enjoy fatty foods, but can see me (when I do have cereal again) use 2%, because I prefer it. I am working towards a balance, and if my body continues to agree with me, a 35/30/35 sounds good to me. I see alot of bacon (yum) and nuts and berries in my future. I saw this journey as a pendulum swing. My induction diet of 70/20/10 was the inversion of my old WOE 10/20/70. I will never again mistake a LF HC diet as healthy, but for the long term, I may go back to Miracle Whip ( I prefer it). BTW tried Boursin w/ Crackerbread SO YUMMY! I love how great eating fat feels, and that wont change, but my ratios will, too. Congrats on making goal. That is wonderful! Your results (and others like you) make me feel so confident that this is really the safest and best way to go about WL. I have a friend who's gone from a 24 to a 16 in 1 1/2 years with just portion control and exercise. I told her yesterday (she'd been saying 12 or 10 was as small as she'd get) (she's 5'1") that a 4 or 6 is not out of her reach--I've seen so many do this on this forum. I wanted her to know that THAT kind of WL isn't an oddity. It's amazing, and fantastic, but she CAN do it.