Thread: "Fear of Fat"
View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 08:41
Still Wicked

Plan: none currently (WFPB now)
Stats: 235/112/120 Female 151 cm (4.11 1/2)
BF:
Progress: 107%

I don't have a fear of fat, but I did have to decide, as I got close to goal, if fattier foods still should occupy as much "space" in my daily diet as they did when I began this journey. At 235 pounds, I could eat a whole lot more calories and still lose weight than I can eat and maintain my weight at 112.

My choice was to eat fewer calories from fat, and more from other foods, so these days, I am using reduced fat mayo in my tuna and not drowning anything in butter. It wasn't a sudden thing, btw, I slowly made incremental changes in my diet, and started to find that the fat that felt so essential to me as I began was less important to me over time. As that has happened, I also found that food I used to eat with a lot of fat, started to taste better to me without it--veggies in particular.

I'm not saying this to burst anyone's bubble, or decrease anyone's enthusiasm for yummy fatty stuff, but I am pretty sure that I am not the only person who ever found that over time, this has changed. I am, by no means, eating a low fat diet. But at 45% (give or take 5) it is a whole lot lower than it was when I started out.