Plan: Healthy moderate carb
Stats: 215/171/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchinson
Vitamin D2 Is Much Less Effective than Vitamin D3 in Humans
The case against ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) as a vitamin supplement

50,000iu Biotech Pharmacal Cholecalciferol is readily available and as it's form humans use will correct status faster, more reliably for less cost and is safer. By using cholecalciferol you end the potential problems surrounding the need to convert from D2 to D3 before the active vitamin D hormones calcidiol/calcitriol production.

The point of showing the six most common nutrient deficiencies that are most likely following particular weight loss plans was to focus attention on the most likely deficiencies.
Obviously you should select from that list those you consider most relevant in your particular case.

The fact you are taking prescription vitamin D and not the human form is not evidence you are vitamin D replete or your body is able to use the form of vitamin D2 prescribed. The sooner you change to the human form the better.

Sorry Hutchinson you've quoted the evils of prescription D2 at me before and again I say bs for many of us. Presciption Vit D2 has not hurt me and pulls your levels up quicker than the D3 as per the Vitamin D Council's info. I suffer no ill health from it and my levels are now within normal ranges-I do supplement with super D clo also.