View Single Post
  #163   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 11:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/230/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Chris, You are an inspiration! All that exercise! I broke my ankle some months ago and even though it is well now, I wore a cast for so long I have compensation injuries with my back that I am working on now. Exercise for me mostly walking, er, make that lurching about, but my doctor says I should be much better in a month. Then I can join you in the exercise!

Thanks for the belated birthday greeting, too!

I will update you on the food thing. I am having one of my "Standards" for lunch in about an hour - Chunk tuna, mayo, Old Bay Seasoning, chopped Jalepenos, chopped baby dills, 1/2 cup cherry berry tomatoes on a cup of spring salad mix. I usually have a few pork rinds with this, too and an iced tea with Splenda.

I am going on vacation, too! I will be in Edinburgh, Scotland for a week and then two weeks on the Island of Madeira - a Portuguese Island about 350 miles off the coast of Tunisia, Africa.

It is paradise in Madeira! I was there last summer. It is the perfect place for the low carber if you can just ignore all that lovely fruit. The cuisine of the island is lots and lots of wonderful seafood, beef, pork, lamb and chicken, lots of salad. I am going to do something I have never done on this 5 month journey while I am in Madeira - that is enjoy a glass of red wine with dinner. I know that it is allowed on Lifetime Maintenance, but I have denied myself this pleasure so far since I have spent 5 months on induction; however in Madeira, I am going to indulge in a glass or two every night! Life on the Wild Side, eh? LOL.

Nice to have you to talk to! Glad I came here. Keep in touch.