View Single Post
  #159   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 08:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/230/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Hi Chris, Thanks for the reply. I really take heart when I read that I am not the one and only person in the Universe who is not losing weight. I keep telling my doctor that something terrible must be wrong with me that I can not lose weight on this program!

I guess it is my own fault that I have shot my metabolism completely down to zero. I have spent much of the past 20 years practically starving only to see the scales climb. I am just now coming to terms with the fact that the less I eat, the more likely I am to gain weight. Seems crazy, but I understand the principles behind it.

I gave in and weighed this morning. I am still stuck at the 10 pound weight loss over the past 5 months. Back when I started this diet on March 24, I had plans for being down at least 50 pounds by my birthday, which was yesterday.

So, only 20 pounds off and to make it worse, no a single soul remembered my birthday. I never even mentioned it. I was just feeling like a victim yesterday! hahahaha Poor me!

I am upping my calories as of today. I had two slices of Canadian Bacon, 2 scrambled eggs and 1/2 a broiled tomato for breakfast. It had to force myself to eat it but eat it I did. I can not imagine getting 2000 calories in one day, but I am keeping a journal in my Day Planner and counting calories as well as carbs.

Please keep me posted on your progress. I am so interested in seeing if we can find some mutual ground that will get those scales to moving downward. I keep waiting for that "big swoosh" that everyone talks about where you just wake up one morning 10 lbs. thinner.

Are you exercising?? Let me hear from you and thanks again,