View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-20-20, 20:47

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

So this past week seems to be crazy all over the world! We have several cases of Covid-19 reported in my county and one death at a local hospital (70-year-old man). Being 60+ and having a couple autoimmune issues I feel like I'm in the crosshairs for this virus to get me. I'm self-isolating and feeling very stressed, and we all know stress is not healthy for us either! So what is everyone doing to keep their sanity right now?

I have my daily routine I've been pretty much sticking too: I get up in the morning and do my daily 2-minute "Lifting the Sky" qigong exercise. Then I go make my morning pot of coffee (or decaf or Crio Bru) in the French press. While it's steeping I go outside and top off my bird feeders. Then I come inside. I have a "Florida room" back porch with sliding glass windows that open, and then screens. So when I come inside I open some windows to let the fresh air in through the screens, and for about an hour I have my coffee and watch the birds at the bird feeders and in my pond, keeping tracks of species seen and their numbers for my eBird reports.

Then I have certain things I do every day though not on a set time schedule. I take 5-6 minutes to jump on my rebounder, 12-14 minutes following a YouTube on seated exercise with dumbells, 15 minutes of deep/breathing meditation. I don't walk as I have a bad knee and can't walk very far without being in pain for days. I used to swim laps at the YMCA but that is out now.

I'm also taking my vitamin C, D3, K2, various other supplements and herbs and minerals as well. The rest of the day is pretty free-form but I always find time for reading. I'm not much of one for watching TV and can go months without turning it on except when the grandkids are over.

And that's the hardest thing for me, missing the grandkids so much, They usually are over here a couple times a week and have weekly sleepovers here on the weekend, but not now. I did have a sweet Facetime conversation with the two littler ones yesterday though.

I have not been to a store in over a week and have enough supplies that I have no urgent need to go to one, though the eggs will run out relatively soon I suppose.

Being retired, and having Social Security and a pension I'm pretty set financially at least. I do feel badly for all those folks losing their incomes and livelihoods on top of all the other scares.

What are the rest of you all doing to preserve your sanity?