View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-20, 09:58

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Ok, as of today, I seem to be managing my time in potential contact (nothing within 6 feet) with others while I still get the food I need without hoarding. The routine of going to Costco early on Tuesdays enabled me to purchase some NY steaks, a couple wild salmon sides, and some reasonably fatty ground beef. I was able to grab my protein and go right to self-checkout where I found no line and was out of the store this morning in 5 minutes. People (customers and employees) were respectful and smiling. Very well organized.

Also, my online grocery shopping with Harris Teeter locally is also manageable with express pickup. I put in an order about 6 days in advance, and I arrive at my reserved time with an HT "shopper" loading my order in my car. HT also waives my fee, as I'm over 60 y/o. So far, so good.

I also put in an order through Amazon with Whole Foods and received a 2-hour delivery slot later in the same day. We'll see how this plays out, and I realize that not all will have the options I have in Northern VA. Given the more rigid lock downs we are experiencing now in Virginia, this makes it far more manageable.

My heartfelt salute to those who are working in these stores and to those who are essential first responders and medical employees, as they enable us to function and remain healthy while minimizing our own risk.