View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-21, 11:23

Plan: None, limit carbs, Omega6
Stats: 161/140/140 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanks for the replies.

Kristine, the only grains I consume are in ale – cutting that out will be the last step!

Nancy, I’ve been having a gulp of full fat milk after an attack and it seems to avoid a repeat (if I raise myself slightly until it has gone down).

Zuleikaa, drinking water before bed made it come on almost straight away. It also happened on my fast day (no calories after lunch).

Here’s a sensible video on ACV from SeriousKeto: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OflqRgk8N4

I did the morning bicarb test and didn’t burp at all, suggesting my stomach acid is low (hypochlorhydria) so I’m trialling ACV. I’m not clear on when and how much to take per day. I've been having a diluted tbsp after my evening dinner. No real improvement yet (but no worse) but early days.

Most of the web and meds are geared towards high stomach acid so I need to track down what causes low stomach acid (apart from age) and if there are any other remedies other than ACV. Anecdotally, I had a curry Friday and had a better night. It's also hard to see a mechanism for ACV - as it's a different acid to and less acidic than the stomach, will it not just pass straight through?.

Bangle, do the Koufman books have anything on low acid? (I'll go to the docs eventually if needed but I'm sure they'll put me on meds straight off. It would be nice to rule out an hiatal hernia though).

The video above also mentions LPR (silent reflux) which sort of ties in as I don’t get heartburn and strangely do not have a sore oesophagus in the morning.