View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-11-17, 13:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default The Paleo Diet - Just read it, going to try it

There doesn't seem to be much activity on these paleo threads.

Anyway, I just completed a month and a half on Atkins induction and lost 11 pounds along with losing pain, bloat, lethargy brought on by a formerly carb-heavy diet. I'm pleased with the results. My plan from the start was to follow The Primal Blueprint after a while as Atkins is not sustainable for me. Well, I just happened to have a Kindle copy of The Paleo Diet (Loren Cordain, revised 2010 version) and read it in one sitting yesterday. It resonates with me even a bit more than The Primal Blueprint, and I'm going to give it a whirl. I think this is an eating template/philosophy/method I can stick with for life. What other people have described as "restrictive" or "strict" about Cordain's version of paleo, I find to be refreshingly simple and accessible.

I'm not in a huge hurry to lose more weight; I'm confident that if I embrace the lifestyle the weight will peel off of me in good time. Most of all, I want to feel well and enjoy life. Wish me luck, and I'd love to hear from any other paleo people out there, veterans or newbies.
Sponsored Links