View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 18:11

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 120/120/100 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 0%

I just realized you are from NC. You are soooo lucky! You would not believe the weather we have had in CT this winter! some of my runs were in temps of minus 20!
To answer your questions:
Never any veg juices. Before I run if I eat I have almond butter rolled in protein powder.
After my run a HUGE omlet with what ever - mushrooms pepppers, cream cheese, etc. Not big on regular cheese.
Salad dressing is straight olive oil. Sometimes real blue cheese. lots and lots of mayo on everything from salads to fish and chicken.
How many carbs? Not really sure. All veggies are fresh - well as fresh as we get at a grocery store in CT in the middle of winter!! I eat alot of orange and yellow peppers. lots of "watery" crisp vegetables. All of this has enough energy to sustain me. I probably eat more fat than anything else.
The best thing about this is it takes the "worry" out of my runs. I never have to pre plan. From the diet I am always well hydrated and my energy is level from all of the fat. Give it a try. Your stats look great!