View Single Post
  #842   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-21, 01:10

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Last night after the 3 mile walk, I took a break. There was still a lot of time before shift change though. A bit before 3:00 AM, the horizon started getting brighter and I thought I'd do another small walk as dawn broke. That didn't work - the hamstring had tightened up a lot from the earlier walk.

So I grabbed a 30lb dumbbell and did two sets 10 reps of one arm dumbbell clean and press. I was using about the same weight as the big bruno-looking dude in the linked video. The hamstring didn't have any issues with that exercise at least.

Tonight I walked around the racetrack for one hour even. The distance ended up being 3.67 miles, for an average speed of 3.67 miles/hr. The hamstring definitely was noticing the walk towards the end, although it was fine at the start of the session.

Before the walk, I did a few dumbbell exercises with a 20lb dumbbell. Hammer curls, bicep curls, overhead tricep extensions, and a few one arm dumbbell clean and presses. Those hurt though because the delts (shoulders-pretty tiny and weak muscles) got spanked by the same exercise last night.

This is the last night shift for a while. I have to take vacation - it's now to the point where I have to use vacation or lose it. I don't like losing blood or vacation - both are much too important to waste.

Hopefully I can get a few bike rides in during the next couple of weeks. We are still dealing with a relative's belongings following a trip to assisted living, so a lot of my "vacation" will be spoken for. If there's no time for bike rides, there's always the elliptical and iron in the basement.