#144   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 18:24
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

WOW!

I love both of those coats. And I *would* like to get away from the same old, same old with the black or navy stuff. As you can see - it's loafers, straight black jacket...and I will try to add a tiny little thing (like that scarf) but the overall look is a bit severe and dated (imo).

I really, really like the two coats you found for me

If you look in my journal - you'll see that I posted some new pics - what I look like in that tired old back jacket nowadays. - Never mind - I decided to go ahead and post the pics in here too. Just so people can see how 'bad' an ill-fitting coat can look...lol!

I do have an old winter coat - and am not sure if it's out of date or not...I'll see if I can't get a pic posted of it - I want to know if people think it's 'dated' now - since I bought it in 1999. It's a Jones New York navy blue cashmere coat, and I got it 'on sale' (cough, cough...) for about $595. It was a high price to pay for a coat, which is why I held onto it.

Meanwhile, I really like the olive and the camel colours you've suggested. This is just the kind of 'help' I need. Gotta get away from the old 'safe' colours, which were probably all wrong for me anyway...

I just have to say - this is sooo much fun - that you've started this thread and are helping us all find our way to our new fashionable selves. Neat, neat, neat!

Sara