View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 15:52
Counterweight

Plan: VLC/Moderate Protein
Stats: 291/251.4/150 Female 63.25"
BF:72%/62.5%/26%
Progress: 28%

My moment came in July. I have been suffering from a form of psoriasis that had been getting progressively worse, along with my weight, over the last two years. I didn't care that I was fat. My bloodwork has only been slightly elevated and my blood pressure is perfectly fine. But the psoriasis...that's a different story...While on vacation in June, my symptoms had temporarily abated. While on the road I drank tons of water (wasn't really hungry at all), ate salads and nuts. When I got back from the trip, the psoriasis flared back up with a vengeance!!! It got so bad my socks were bloody. That's when I decided. It wasn't the weight that lead me here initially. It was the devastating attack of refined carbs upon my feet and hands...probably candidiasis as many of my other "problems" seem to have abated as well: no more bloating, no more hunger, less weight to carry on tender feet, no more swollen ankles..and so on. Since the Low Carb WOE takes away the food of the candida, maybe now I can heal and lose the weight. Oh yeah. And no more excuses.