View Single Post
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-12, 13:05

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 223/137/124 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

My daughter had a severe case of head lice when she was in elementary school. Unfortunately she was one of those who didn't react with itching for a long time, and she had blond hair, so we didn't discover it until it was pretty bad. Not too long after it was treated she had those white scaly patches all over her head. The doctor didn't think it was related and told us to use a coal tar shampoo. It seemed to help keep it under control but it never went away completely (still hasn't & she's in her 30's). But she also came down with severe acne right after that, too. She ended up seeing a dermatologists and he tried all sorts of things, including heat lamps and antibiotics. Nothing worked. Then I found out coal tar shampoos can cause a severe form of acne. We stopped the shampoo and the acne cleared right up. I now believe she had a subcutaneous bacterial infection from the lice infestation which should have been treated with antibiotics instead of coal tar shampoo! But I'm going to tell her about this coconut oil treatment and see if it helps her now. I do use it on my face around my eye brows & the sides of my nose. I've been trying to get my husband to use it instead of the hydrocortisone cream the doc gives him.