View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-18, 11:59

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

WHile I need a cup of coffee to red all the good stuff above, I will point out this"

Quote:
Some changes deserve mention from a controversy standpoint as well. For instance, the new guidelines recommend checking lipid levels as early as two years old in some circumstances. Two!

In reality it not a blood test that is needed but a dietary intervention.

I will never forget many years ago sitting and waiting my turn among dozens of others at the hospital for a blood draw. ANd a toddler in her wheeler was beening fed CHeetos, one after another after another. HORRORS!! My kids didnt even know what those things were until school age. Later I had to tell myself that maybe this parent was suddenly stuck at the hospital unexpectedly and had nothing else. ( there is a reason moms pack a huge bag before leaving the house with kiddos) and the only choice was the vending machine full of junk. In the years since as I think back on this, which has enered my mind MANY times, understanding the pressure to eat junk food starts at an early age.

Now that my kids are teens, outside influences are still the greatest risk ......