View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-16, 08:33

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 312/235/185 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

Good point. Actually I caught the senior tech at the sleep clinic the other day and he was real nice, a very down to earth guy, and he showed me my sleep test graph from the study. The doctor's office was unhelpful but he readily talked to me. He said I actually have pmls not rls. He said what its doing is knocking me out of stage 2 sleep into stage 1 on occasion. I did show a lot of leg movement but I haven't fallen out of bed yet and it doesn't fully awaken me. He said it would be a problem if I'm waking with headaches or if I'm falling asleep at the wheel etc. I told him I know he can't give medical opinions or anything but I asked him if these were his readings, would he take medication. He said no. Also my sleep apnea is pretty mild -- just a little worse if I sleep on my back. I'm not afraid of the mask or anything (I wore one -- not prescribed, for a couple of years when I was 100 pounds heavier) but I did ask him again if these were his readings would he use a mask, and again he said if it were him, he wouldn't. This guy has been doing this for years and years so that's good enough for me.

I think I might check into a weighted blanket. Also I might take calcium with the magnesium I already take at night.

If I gain back a bunch of weight then its another story but I'm trying hard for that not to happen. Hopefully (I've been doing low carb for two years now) I'm not becoming iron depleted or some other issue.

Thanks again