View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-24, 15:20

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Zuleikaa, I understand that you have been in a big Vit D study and know Dr Holick. I wasn’t attempting to change your or anyone's mind about how much Vit D to supplement, if at all. I haven't even made up my own mind!
The more I learn, the more confused it becomes, and then I decide to think about Vit D tomorrow. But now Tomorrow is coming next Tuesday to discuss my latest Vit D level, still too high according to some.

But I know other cancer survivors and women with diagnoses of potential osteoporosis on this forum, so that I wanted to share that my doctors are now recommending not to supplement except for special situations. There are many forms of Hormone D and the tests I have been taking are not adequate, etc. I’ve been reading Jim Stephenson's Facebook page, the NYT "Vitamin D, the Sunshine Supplement, has Shadowy Money Behind It " and other sources that question the current guidelines.
As of this month I am as "middle of the road" as I can get, but want to be opened minded to new evidence. Thank you for sharing all you have about Vitamin D in your thread. It has always been helpful.