#33   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-19, 09:28

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

My comments as I read----

BTW-- my brother is a pharmasist too!!

Many people run into GI disturbances with a fast food change. THis is typical. AND why feed changes for animals is done slowly over 14 days-- us humans are never given that advice.

SO far nothing about the microflora -- which typesand what % of the total microflora-- not addressed... hoping for some info there.

THe reason for the 14 day change over in animals is FOR THE CHANGE IN MICROFLORA.

Will he address the anti-nutrients in the seed coatings? The reasons why we used to debran grains, as well as dehull grains. WHy we used to soak and ferment beans, nuts and grains-- but have forgotton how to do this in our fast food realm.

Quote:
So what happens is the colon can relay so much stools that they start to reflux back into the small intestines. And so you run into conditions when stools end up in the small intestines. You end up with a lot of bacteria there. It’s supposed to be sterile. And so when you have bacteria and you add more fiber on top of it, especially insoluble fiber, you essentially create a proverbial compost pile right inside your body.
To clarify this-- no area is sterile. I think he actually means the wrong bacterial mix is in the wrong location. And the back up , additionally, causes a real problem which he goes on to explain.

Quote:
And so my advice to everyone with gastroparesis is reduce fluid consumption because every time you drink water on top of your meal, you dilute gastric juices, gastric acids, and enzymes. And if you had a lot of fiber, it also sucks them in. And you just delayed the digestion. And the more you delay the digestion, the more difficult it is for the stomach to clear itself out.

Yup, I figured this out-- I DONT drink with a meal. Figured it diluted the digestive enzymes, and given my personal risk for colon cancer, AND my blood type due to ethinic heritage based on the BLood type Book, I am at risk for GI cancer from both angles.

Too finish later.....