#27   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 13:36

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Another depressing statistic since, despite 14 years of low carbing (though stalled for 11 of those years) I still have a BMI over 40 and have been unable to shake it! I seem to be making a little progress since going Carnivore a little while ago. I hope it continues. 13 more pounds to get below the magic BMI 40 number. But I've flirted with that before and never been able to maintain that weight loss. My body seems to just adore that 270-280 range and constantly jumps up and remains there as soon as I relax my guard in the slightest.

Yes, they're saying that 40 BMI puts you in the danger zone in regards to this virus, BUT - and this is a big BUT to me - you've been eating LC for 14 years, and I have to hope that gives us an edge over those who have been eating SAD or vegan or LF/HC for the last decade or more.

Literally the only person I know who eats LF and manages to stay healthy most of the time ONLY avoids getting sick because she rarely ever leaves her home, has always avoided things like shaking hands or touching grocery carts (she even has a specially made grocery cart handle cover that she uses, just to avoid touching the cart), would never borrow a book from the library, because you never know what kind of germs it might have on it, has always been obsessive about hand washing, using hand sanitizer, staying away from sick people (to the point that she attempts to not breathe if she hears someone coughing 20 feet away)- basically all the things that we're being told to do now. So I doubt the low fat diet has had anything at all to do with her ability to stay well, especially since when she got together with her family over Christmas for a few hours, and ONE family member (who she pointedly avoided getting too close to) was sick that day, so she she ended up sick 2 days later, resulting in a pretty bad case of bronchitis for a few weeks.

By contrast, I have a BMI in the danger range, and yet I hardly ever get sick, and when I do, it's rarely anything that requires more than a little extra rest, even working in close contact with customers who often coughed right in my face over the course of 7-1/2 years, so I have to hope we have some resistance, just because of LC.