View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 09:19

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hmmm, we have a number of confirmed cases of Covid in our county, and yesterday it was announced that a 70-year-old man isolated in our local hospital had just died from it! Definitely feeling real.

I have a friend whose son works at the local Publix and she texted me yesterday that if I needed anything to let her know and she’d have her son pick it up for me. I’m pretty set though, with only a mild fear of running out of bacon and fizzy water. 😂

I was reading yesterday that folks with high blood pressure and diabetes tend to be the ones who do much worse and account for many of the fatalities. Apparently it’s known that Covid works by binding to the ACE2 receptors in your lungs, and there are certain high BP meds (the ACE inhibitors) and certain diabetes meds (not sure which ones) which increase the number of ACE2 receptors in your body, giving the virus more things to latch on to!

Of course ACE inhibitors are one of the most commonly prescribed BP meds and also (maybe until now) the sort most recommended for Seniors.

Naturally the medical community tells people if you are on one of these sorts of meds don’t dream of trying to stop it.

I’m enjoying my self-imposed exile other than missing the grandkids so terribly. I’m T2 diabetic and within the last year, after having normal BP all my life, began getting high numbers. My BG had gotten elevated too.

Luckily I have a doctor who is not a pill pusher and she agreed that I could have time to get those numbers under control with natural means. So I doubled down on LCHF but could not get either those numbers or my weight (as usual) to budge, so then I went strict keto and still could not get any of those numbers to budge. I was getting desperate as I didn’t want meds.

Finally, less than two weeks ago, I went full-out Carnivore. And my weight, BP, and BG have been dropping steadily ever since.

Funny, if I had gone on BP meds I would have demanded an ACE inhibitor as I had read those were the sort best for Seniors and with least side effects. 😉

But as of now I’m not on any meds likely to increase my ACE2 receptors. Apparently ibuprofen increases ACE2 receptors also which is why they are saying not to take it. It’s the only OTC med that works for me for pain, and I won’t have acetaminophen in the house, so guess I’ll just tough it out if I develop any aches or pains.