#49   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-20, 07:16

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Hearing from friends in Florida, senior hours at Costco happen to be the most crowded times of the day. Our friends now go later taking their chances with available stock and have better luck. I now understand Debbie's issues. Costco in my area is wide open during senior hours, so I'll continue to use it as a good source.

I suspect a lot of what senior hour is like has to do with the age demographics of where you happen to live. Florida is typically a fall through early spring location for many seniors. Where I live in PA has a huge number of senior apartment complexes, retirement villages, and over-55 housing developments, not to mention those of us who are over 60 who are still working, or retired and still living here. Our Costco is usually extremely busy anyway, so it's no wonder that the place was swamped when I was there for senior hour last week. The extra senior day might help thin out the crowds, so I'll probably drive over for senior hour the next time I need to go there, but if the lot is already as full as it was last week, I'm thinking it might be better to try later in the day, and just hope they still have what I need. That'll be a while though, since I found a couple things that were on my list elsewhere yesterday.

I haven't tried the senior hour anywhere else, except for a quick stop at one of the less busy Dollar Tree stores in the area, and I was one of only about a half dozen people in the store.