View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 06:27

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 133/133/125
BF:
Progress:
Smile Why I chose low carb!

I am so happy to find this site. I chose low carb because I did lowfat for 10 yrs. for high cholesterol and it only went higher and I gained weight. Low carb had dropped my Cholesterol count by 86 points, raised my HDL to 128, lowered my trigly. to 46 and lost 18 lbs. Felt GREAT!
I have had breast cancer this past year and I let everything with my diet slip back to BAD. Now all the treatment is behind me, the cancer is gone, I have gained weight, my Cholesterol count is back up, even though my HDL still remains high (125). I am working hard to get back to the low carb diet. I used Protein Power/Dr. Atkins. It works for me. My doctors also recommended the diet for breast cancer, but also add fruits and veggies. I can't have soy products because my tumor was ER Neg, so that makes it harder to get a variety of protein. Reading all of this helps to keep me focused and gives me encouragement. I am basically alone in this so I need all the positive input I can get. Any suggestions on other protein sources besides soy? I have used some of the recipes, they are great. I am so blessed to have found this site. It gives me the support I need. A grateful THNAK YOU!!!