View Single Post
  #333   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-20, 11:30
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Today would have been my 5th annual Richmond Monument Avenue 10K. The pandemic nixed that. It has been postponed until September 26th. There is no doubt that I would have run a slow race today. Kelsey would have had her first victory against her dear old dad.

I'm a few pounds up on the scale from last year's race (when I ran my fastest time), but I don't think that it would have been much of a factor. I simply did not train for this race like I did last year. The minor, yet nagging knee injury I suffered in a tough hike last November knocked me off of my game. I cut way back on the jogging to let it heal. The knee is good to go now; I'm just not in jogging shape. I'm taking a break from jogging and ramping up on my walking for now. At some point I need to get back to training for the upcoming 10K. I want to lose some of my excess weight first, though.

Kel has made jogging her thing now. She has kept it up through the winter months running on campus outdoors. Even if I do adequate training for September's race I will be hard pressed to beat her. She will have won fair and square an I will have no excuses. That's how it should be.