Thread: LC Our Way #3
View Single Post
  #2192   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 13:18

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- seems like that is always the way with teens- they care and then they stop caring and we are left doing the caring! lol I sort of agree with Blue- find a white one and call it a day.

Sorry to hear your Mom wasn't well. Glad that she seems to be doing better. And then The Chop's mom calls? You are getting sandwiched for sure!

Jaz et al - Add me to the 'dance with mom' bench. My Mom has always lived on the 'helpless and flighty, damsel in distress' bench but she is either losing it mentally or has taken it to a whole new level. I feel like I repeat things several times, tell her to write it down etc but I still don't feel confident that she is actually getting what I say. Who knows. I will see her in September for a couple of days- guess I'll try to get a feel for it then.

My online class- so far is stupid easy. From what I can tell, two lessons a week. It thought it would be video but it is reading. Read the lessons, take the quiz (which you can retake as often as you want but I've not needed to) and then there is an optional activity to do (which I am doing) to help you think things through. Then a discussion area if you want to do that. There is a final at the end but to what purpose I have no idea. I'm taking it through the county community college.

Yes, I do have a movie pass for AMC. I go enough that it more or less comes out as a wash, but I can reserve seats ahead for free, get points that allow discounts on drinks and snacks, stuff like that. I'm keeping it for now but if/when things get busy I'll probably drop it. Our AMC also does $5 Tuesdays as an alternative.

Blue- your girlfriend day in Wisconsin sounds so nice! I too can get just as much happiness seeing someone else buy something. I don't buy things that often anyway. I do wear my "Charleston drug rug" in the cooler but not winter weather, here in the house. It is the perfect thing for bumming around in the house.

Lori- in some ways it is good that you have so little pain that you forget to do exercises- I know you wondered if you would ever get to that point!

I love pounded and fried pork tenderloin using pork rinds and grated parmesan cheese. Crispy and delicious!

••••••

Super hot today- 96+ with a heat index of 105. Just nasty. Luckily I was indoors working 8:30- 2:30 and then just came home. Add me in to the group that is SO READY for Fall. Apparently we had our last 8 PM sunset so the days are indeed getting shorter.

DS17 was still asleep at 2:30 when I got home and he got quite the unpleasant awakening. I mean, I don't mind in summer if he sleeps until 10 or 11, but 2:30 is absurd. I wanted him to let the dogs out while I was gone, and go to the store. He's upstairs getting ready/hiding from me at the moment.

ETA- I think I scared him. He's left to go to the market.

DS20 is doing great. He texted me pics from his day today- he went to "the Rijksmuseum: the biggest museum in the Netherlands and one of the top 15 art museums in the world!" Very happy for him that he is out exploring and found his confidence to manage on his own. The orientation group arrives tomorrow and then his days will be crammed full of activities- some of which don't even start until 11PM and go until 3 AM!

Resting up the rest of the day- just doing laundry and making dinner. Crab cakes on tap for tonight. Back on the WOE.