View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-19, 19:13

Plan: Fung, Rosedale
Stats: 236/195/157 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Teaser, I follow what said. This satisfies the concerns of my first post in this thread.

The reason I have been so "pushy" about understanding this is because I always read the suggestion to eat when I am hungry and eat only until full. Of course limit carbs to 20 grams.

I actually have a couple of problems with this.
1) After all these years of dieting, besides dropping my metabolism, my hormone communication is also shot. I can fast (zero cals) for 36-42 hours without getting hungry and when I eat I do not feel full. No signals. Therefore, I created a spreadsheet with all the foods I eat with the details and this way I how much is my limit. I know that if I eat over 1600 cals I start putting on weight. I have to start eating when it is time not when I get hungry because I don't.

2) The 20 grams of carbs is also a problem from 2 angles.
a) Optifast in the Intensive phase is supposed to be ketogenic. This is a 800 calorie program with about 65 grams of carbs - not 20. There are a lot of people who have used this and works. There are other examples of this type of dieting.
b) For 25 years of dieting mostly on Atkins (over and over) because I could lose weight, I have noticed that within about a week I get constipated. I have tried everything suggested without working. The only things that work are a couple of slices of bread or Movicol and Sena. Bread is not allowed, and the others are not supposed to be taken continuously. Constipation cannot be healthy either. Besides craving for sweets constipation was the main other reason for dropping out of ketosis time after time.

Setting up rules without solving the problems that go along with the consequences is not sustainable.

Maybe I should start a new thread for these other issues.