#48   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-11, 02:51

Plan: mindful/ketogenic-Paleo
Stats: 165/111.8/110 Female 164cm
BF:38%/21%/18%
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayria
FATS I am new and reading how much weight you have lost has amazed me. Never sure about high fat and just how high one should go. It seems that high fat is suiting you guys. I did read somewhere that having more fat rather than too much protein is easier on the kidneys and also better for insulin levels.

Hi Sayria.

The thing about being scared to eat lots of fat is that a lot of us spend years struggling with weight or food issues. Although I've had many many moments of being scared to eat this or that, especially when I'm on a roll with fat loss, I have come to a more peaceful place with it all. I know now that having a day ir two of eating high carbs isn't the end of the world. I enjoy myself to the fullest and know that I can get back to fat loss right away with my way of eating.

Likewise, I know that if I'm struggling with loss, or stalled, or hunger... well, as they say, insanity is doing the same thing expecting a different result. So if things aren't going well, what do I have to lose by trying something else, even something scary?

Lower your carbs, eat just enough protein, up the fat, keep an eye on calories, and see how you go. Whether you lose weight, bodyfat%, inches, and how you feel with hunger and energy.

With low carbs, moderate protein and high fat - for me, I lose weight (or maintain depending on calories), I'm not constantly hungry, my taste buds are very happy, and I have more energy. The last two were difficult on high protein.