Thread: Fiber Menace
View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-19, 13:11

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

My first memory of being served raw veggies was at my BFF's house. It was the 60s and her mother put a bowl of salad on the table. She asked if I had ever eaten salad, I said no. She said it was the newest healthy thing to do was to eat salad. (raw veggies) And so it began.......

Her mother was educated, she had her doctorate and was a diagnostician, always doing tests on us. I guess this was another test.
She would observe me, but in a nice way. She once asked me if I save the food I love the most for last. Psychology was her thing. I think I agreed just to prove her right.

Her house had the delivered chips fro a special truck, coke, delivered milk. She had the cool house with lots of stuff to eat. My house had none of that but that was OK because I hated coke.
~also the 60s is when I first had Coke forced on me. We were at the Coke botteling plant with our girl scout troop. They kept trying to give me Coke and after sayaing no three times I said "NO THANK YOU, I hate Coke". I was only 6 years old then.

Anyway, that was the first time I was told that salads were healthy.

My mother on the other hand would not eat salads. I always thought it was her French "thing".