#20   ^
Old Tue, Aug-21-07, 07:29

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexy-lou
Fabulous advice. Thanks! Can I ask one more question? I recently bought a fitted white blouse. I have always avoided white until recently ... Anyway, I'm not sure how to wear it without just looking like a plain Jane -- untucked under a blazer with black trousers. How can I make it look hip?

This is fun!

Untucked with sleek dark pants (nicely tailored) or a pencil skirt if you can pull that off, with a dramatic piece of jewellery in a bright colour is the best bet! (remember, skin-toned bras with white blouses). BIG jewellery. Chunky beads in red or torquoise looks amazing with white blouses. White and black with a bright shoe (love it with a red shoe) looks professional.

if you tuck into a pencil skirt (not recommended tucking into pants unless you're really slim) wear a wide belt to cover up any muffin top syndrome. But if your hip to waist ratio is pretty dramatic, don't do this. It looks best if you're only 4 to 5 inches more on your hips than your waist. Again, bright shoe. You could use big gold jewellery with this look. And don't wear too much. So if you have a big necklace, no big bracelet and vice versa.

Untucked, tailored blouses with dark jeans looks FABULOUS. Then keep the jewellery a bit more subdued.

One more thing? that purse and shoe matching thing is so 1950s. Don't do it. I love to carry an orange purse when wearing green, for instance.

OH, and dump the teeny sunglasses. Go big and glam. They look awesome diva-style on your eyes, but can also make you look sophisticated on top of your head.