View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 20:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins mix of sorts
Stats: 174/168/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. Karen, I also wondered how CAD could be "carbo-addicts" and still allow a regulated portion of carbs during that 1 hour window. For me, at least, I think a good part of it is psychological. I turn down carb laden foods during the day with the thought that I can have it if I really want it during that "reward" hour later in the day. BUT . . . by the time the "reward meal" comes around the tempting tidbit is long forgotten and my impulse to have it is gone. Plus I learned the hard way that eating too many carbs during that reward hour produces a hangover that is almost equal to one from cheap wine. Ugh . . . don't want to do that too often!

Ain't the mind a wonderful and mysterious thing?

Debbie, it looks like you and I have a lot in common. Close in height and beginning weight and our goals are similar. We'll have to hang close together and see what works for each other!

My eldest daughter is getting married this Friday and we're having a small reception at home. The menu is packed with low carb items but - as MOTB - [Mother Of The Bride], I will certainly indulge in a small piece of wedding cake!

Here's keeping my fingers crossed that I can get that cake out of this house in record time!

Sandy