View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-19, 12:53
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Another product available here in Canada - LoveMyBuns. I'm long overdue to write them a thank you and a review. I won a pack as a door prize at the LC con in Kingston in Dec. I haven't really been 'into' the buns/tea biscuits lately, and I wanted to play with it a bit more. The short version: great product, instructions are on the money, it's just a little bit more coconutty than I'd like compared to the coconut flour I've previously purchased at Bulk Barn.

The versatility of the OMM is almost its downfall, if you're talking about trying to make a marketable instant version. Some people prefer more flax, no flax, more coconut, no coconut, must-be-paleo like the above vs dairy ingredients, organic and more $$$ vs less $$$... a lot to consider.

I do the sandwich-bag-of-dry-ingredients for my favorite rotisserie spice recipe. I think I'm going to do this taco spice that way, too.

Here's a cute trick for your muffins: cut squares of parchment and keep them in a nearby sandwich baggie. When you're ready to make your muffin, grab a parchment square, put it in a ramekin, then use a pop can or drinking glass that barely fits into the ramekin to 'squish' the parchment into a tulip liner. Saves a lot of mess!

Working shift has taught me the importance of trying to make things easy for yourself when you're busy and exhausted during the week. Countless nosedives off the proverbial wagon have started with that evening exhaustion, hunger, nothing ready to eat and no quick recipe planned. Where you can afford it, spend an extra buck or two to make your life easier. You and your health are worth it.