View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-11, 11:16
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 136/129/115 Female 61.5"
BF:26%/22%/21.7%
Progress: 33%

Yeah, rightly or wrongly, they didn't want to exclude anyone (whether to help more people or sell more books, who knows?) Some folks here with a lot to lose were less than enchanted with the diet, but it's probably worth a try. Be very careful, though - the first two weeks are a VLC (very low CALORIE) diet. My counting software gave me 725 calories per day for the shake weeks, which isn't safe to keep up for longer than two weeks, if that.

If I had a lot to lose, I'd do the first two weeks to clean out my liver (and not skimp on the supplements), then cycle the second and third phases indefinitely till I reached my goal. Don't neglect to eat fat! It's an easy mistake to make and end up with rabbit fever. Chicken breasts and white fish bad; whole chicken with skin and fatty steak good.

I do respect the Eades' work; they were way out in front of everybody with the science behind low carb eating. And I love Slow Burn - my only beef with it is that it takes so much more concentration at the gym than my normal workout that I really have to psych myself up to go.